Holset Turbochargers

The Holset success story began in 1948 when W C Holmes became interested in manufacturing the Flexible Couplings designed by Louis Croset. In 1948, Paul Croset was persuaded to start up and manage the new venture based in Huddersfield.

On the 29th March 1952 with Mr D M Henshaw as Chairman and Mr Paul J F Croset as the Managing Director, Holset was born as a Limited Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of BHD Engineering Limited Group. The name Holset was created from the names of HOL mes and Cro SET.

In 1973 the ownership of Holset changed twice, first with the purchase by the Hanson Trust and then by Cummins Engine Company Inc.

2006 Holset Turbochargers changed its name to Cummins Turbo Technologies, to align themselves more closely with their parent company.